Hooray! Finally, a sleeping bag that is both warm AND comfortable.
The all new Z Top™ sleeping bag has a unique top flap that comfortably seals in body heat and eliminates drafts. This revolutionary design allows you to sleep in the position you are most comfortable. You can even sprawl while keeping under the covers. In warmer conditions, you can fold back the top flap, or unzip and remove it.
In Kodiak Canvas fashion, this bag is constructed with premium materials and loaded with features. The top-of-the-line, locking, YKK zippers stay put and won’t travel during the night. Zippers are lined with anti-snag strips and have a full-length zipper baffle to reduce heat loss. Dual layer construction, with offsetting seams minimizes cold spots. A headrest at the top of the bag provides a comfortable area for head and arms. A pillow pocket helps keep a small pillow (not included) in place, or allows one to create a pillow by stuffing a sweatshirt into the space. A tech pocket provides a spot to keep a phone close at hand, inside your bag. The wedge-shaped foot box provides extra space, so toes don’t get scrunched. A zipper at the foot of the bag allows you to vent the bottom when needed. Roll up the bag and secure it with handy compression straps and snap buckles. A canvas duffel carry bag is included. Compatible with the Booster Quilt™ accessory (sold separately) that can boost the bag’s temperature rating by up to 30 degrees. Patent pending.
Cotton canvas sleeping bags have several benefits, including:
- Durability: Canvas is a very durable material that can withstand wear and tear from rough terrain, making it a good choice for outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, and backpacking.
- Warmth: Canvas sleeping bags are made with heavier-weight material, which provides excellent insulation and warmth, making them ideal for cold weather conditions.
- Breathability: Canvas is a natural material that allows air to circulate, which can help to prevent condensation and keep you dry and comfortable throughout the night.
- Comfort: Our cotton canvas ZTop sleeping bags are lined with soft cotton flannel which provides a cozy and comfortable sleeping experience.
- Longevity: Our ZTop rectangle sleeping bags resist wear and tear, and will last you for many years to come if you take good care of it. They’re great investment for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Versatility: Canvas sleeping bags are suitable for use in a variety of settings, from camping trips to sleepovers, making them a versatile option for anyone who enjoys spending time outdoors.
Benefits of a rectangle-shaped v. mummy shaped sleeping bags:
- Spaciousness: The rectangular shape of the sleeping bag provides ample space for the sleeper to move around, stretch out and find a comfortable sleeping position (we see you side-sleepers!)
- Versatility: These sleeping bags can be used in a variety of situations, from camping trips to sleepovers at home.
- Temperature regulation: Rectangle sleeping bags usually have zippers that can be opened or closed depending on the temperature, allowing for ventilation and regulation of body heat. Our Kodiak Canvas ZTop sleeping bags even have a second zipper at the feet so you can regulate heat at the bottom of your rectangle bag as well.
- Comfort: The rectangular shape of the sleeping bag allows for a more natural sleeping position, which can lead to a better night's sleep.
- Durability: The rectangular shape provides more room for insulation, which can result in a more durable sleeping bag that will last longer.
Overall, a rectangular sleeping bag can provide a comfortable and versatile sleeping experience for a wide range of outdoor (and indoor) activities.
Cotton Flannel v. Synthetic Material
Both flannel and synthetic materials can be comfortable in a sleeping bag, but the choice ultimately depends on personal preference and the intended use of the sleeping bag.
Flannel is a natural material that is often used in sleeping bags for its softness and warmth. Flannel sleeping bags can be cozy and comfortable, especially in colder temperatures. However, flannel can also be heavier, which isn’t ideal for backpacking.
Synthetic materials, on the other hand, are often used in sleeping bags for their lighter weight, and ability to retain heat even when wet. Synthetic sleeping bags are often easier to pack and transport than flannel sleeping bags, making them a popular choice for backpackers.
Ultimately, the choice between flannel and synthetic materials comes down to personal preference and the intended use of the sleeping bag. Kodiak Canvas specializes in car-camping or base-camping, so comfort and warmth were our priorities in developing our flannel-lined ZTop sleeping bags. If you prioritize warmth and softness, a flannel sleeping bag may be the right choice for you too. If you prioritize light weight and ease of transport, a synthetic sleeping bag may be a better option.