Introducing our new Cabin Lodge Stove-Ready Tents
When Kodiak Canvas set out to design our Canvas Cabin Lodge Stove-Ready Tents, we wanted to build the perfect replacement for the traditional wall tent. We wanted something just as durable and strong as a wall tent – and the ability to have a stove in your tent – but a canvas tent that solves the main complaints campers usually have about the wall tents – primarily, no floor (bugs, critters, wind, water), lack of ventilation, and portability (or the effort and space required to transport your canvas tent). We feel we’ve created the perfect replacement for the traditional wall tent. The Kodiak Canvas Cabin Lodge Stove-Ready tents are very similar to traditional canvas wall tents in size and shape, the primary difference being the Kodiak Canvas Lodge tents come with an integrated heavy-duty vinyl floor and six different windows with no-see-um mesh for ventilation. In a side-by-side comparison, we think you’ll find the Kodiak Canvas Lodge tents much more comfortable.
We’d like to call out the primary differences between a traditional wall tent and a Kodiak Canvas Lodge Stove-Ready tent:
- Kodiak Canvas Lodge Tent
- Integrated heavy-duty vinyl floor (keeps water, wind, bugs and critters out of your tent)
- 6 windows, one with a storm canopy
- Excellent ventilation
- Hydra-Shield Canvas isn’t treated with paraffin or oil – breathes much better
- Optional center support pole for heavier snow-loads
- Wall Tent
- Minimal windows if any
- No integrated vinyl floor – the ground is your floor (bugs and critters have easier access to anything stored inside your tent; both wind and water can find their way under the walls of your tent)
- Canvas is typically treated with paraffin or oils – doesn’t allow the canvas to breathe
- Frame is much heavier – takes more effort to transport and setup
Like the traditional canvas wall tents, the Kodiak Canvas Lodge tents are equipped with a stove jack for use with a wood burning stove inside the tent.