• Spacious 7.5 ft peak ceiling height and steep walls. Stand up, walk around comfort.
• Deluxe Awning 8 x 8.5 ft. with steel frame (option to set up with or without awning).
• Large D-shaped front door, and side entry.
• Hydra-ShieldTM 100% cotton duck canvas. Durable, watertight, and breathable.
• Sturdy frame with reinforced welded corner braces.
• 5 Large windows with no-see-um mesh.
• Side wall rolls up for openness and ventilation, or extends out with poles to convert into a small awning.
• Heavy-duty, 12-inch, steel rod, tent stakes.
• Zippered storage bag.
- Approx. Weight: 112 lbs. (Includes tent, poles, stakes, and storage bags).
- Size: 12x9 ft. Tent space, plus 8x8.5 ft. deluxe awning.
- Pack Size: Tent--Length: 32 in. Diameter 16 in., Poles--Length: 46 in. Diameter 8.5 in.
- Capacity: 6-person
- Ceiling Material: 10 oz Hydra-shieldTM canvas.
- Wall Material: 8.5 oz Hydra-ShieldTM canvas.
- Floor Material: 16 oz vinyl. Polyester reinforced, seamless.
- Zippers: #10 coil on door, #8 coil on windows.
- Frame: 1-inch, galvanized, steel tubing.
- All-season*: Use year-round, but not designed for extreme winter mountaineering or heavy snow accumulations.*The awning is not designed for snow loads and should be stowed during winter camping.
- Warranty: Lifetime limited warranty.
Additional Options (Sold Separately):
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I'm always so impressed with the quality of Kodiak tents! The awning on this tent is a perfect size and the setup isn't too bad. It is super heavy, but I'd be worried if a tent this size wasn't heavy!
I didn't want to pay rent this summer, so I became the caregiver of a community garden. Didn't have an RV, so I picked this up on clearance (around $400, stellar buy, though it's more than worth full price).
An abnormally rainy summer for my part of Alaska ensued. Didn't leak a drop.
The tent shows no wear, just a bit of smudgy marks from bird droppings and propolis from nearby poplars. The floor is pristine, and hasn't worn at all.
Easily one of the best purchases I have ever made.
This tent is amazing. I have used a couple different versions of Kodiak now and am equally impressed by them all. I really like this tent and recommend it to anyone looking for a quality tent that sleeps well in just about any weather.
First off, this is not a backpacker's tent by any means. It is a beast. I've divided mine into three bags, including one rolling duffel bag, which makes loading and unloading the tent more manageable.
But if you are car camping, especially for longer periods, just stop shopping and buy this tent. It is built like a tank and is really about the perfect size for two people and all the gear you can muster. I almost purchased the model without the awning and am very glad that I didn't do that. The awning is delightful and really adds to your available space.
We recently had a rainy day, it would downpour about every hour and a half. I was able to drag a picnic table partially under the awning to make coffee and cook on. We had a pleasant day just sitting under the awning watching the raindrops fall. We didn't feel confined or "rained in" at all.
I was skeptical that they've solved the problem of canvas wicking water when you touch it, but they have. I tried this over and over and I could not get any water to come through the canvas even in heavy downpours.
This tent just feels good and it makes us smile. I can give no higher recommendation for a product. Thank you Kodiak Canvas.
Bought this tent to use on property I own in Northern New Hampshire. Set it up in May and left it up thru September. Every time I returned to my property the tent was just as I left it and everything inside was bone dry. I don't know how many thunderstorms this tent went thru but it survived them all without a single leak or problem.
This is our 7th season using this tent and it shows very little wear; we started when the kids were 3 & 6. We've stayed dry during storms and have plenty of space. We now put two cots and one bunk bed cot inside, and there is still room to move around. Often one parent (usually mom) puts up the tent on their own while the other is with the kids/setting up camp. The screen enclosure gives us extra room for gear and the dog crate. We tie 8'x8' tarps to the awning poles to form walls during rain to extend our living space. I cannot imagine going back to crawling into a pop-up tent.
This past summer I was able to stay in this tent during a family camping trip. There is always at least one afternoon and evening during our annual event that is hampered by weather. This year was no different.
I was able to sit (or stand - I'm 5'10") and listen to the weather but not be exposed at all. Me and my gear stayed completely dry.
We had two oversize cots, bags, and clothing. There was plenty of room.
Plenty of windows to open for the cross breeze after the weather passed. Also good for letting in the sunshine.
The only thing that I don't like about this tent is the zipper angle on the door. The zipper head doesn't take that corner very smoothly. But it's not enough of a dislike to lower my star rating.
Well made product that I look forward to using for many years!
Big shout out to Kodiak Canvas! Had a few buddies buy the Deluxe Cabin Tent and bring it on a hunting trip in Jaunuary for AZ archery deer. Had some cold crappy weather and these tents performed flawlessly! Very roomy and can fit two cots with a ton of gear comfortably! Best investment I've made recently by far! Quality and excellent customer service!
Our first trip with the Kodiak Canvas tent was last weekend near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in Minnesota.
Severe thunderstorms with heavy rain and wind guts up to 80 Mph ripped through our campsite.
We not only stayed dry, but our tent didn't budge against the strong winds that knocked over hundreds of trees in a 20 mile radius
My wife and I set up the tent and awning in 20 minutes. We used a indoor outdoor rug for flooring in the awning enclosure.
Very happy with Kodiak Canvas!