Free Ground Tarp with Purchase
Introducing our new VX series. We have added large triangle windows on both ends. The extra windows give you eXtra Ventilation and eXtra openness and Views. This feature is a must when camping in hot summer weather, allowing you to really open the tent up. When conditions change, simply zip the windows shut from the inside. The VX series is identical to our Deluxe version with the exception that instead of funnel-flow vents, you have large triangle windows on both ends. Stainless steel, wire stake loops give superior strength and durability.
- Hydra-ShieldTM, 100% Cotton Duck Canvas. Durable, watertight and breathable.
- Flex-Bow Frame: Exceptionally sturdy. Keeps tent taut. Quick and easy, one-person, set-up.
- Spacious 6'6" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort.
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers.
- Six large windows with no-see-um mesh. Provides openness and superb ventilation.
- Large 84x78-inch awning.
- Customizable gear loft and organizer pockets.
- Stainless steel, wire stake loops.
- Heavy-duty 12-inch, steel rod, stakes.
- Handy strap-and-cinch storage bag for convenient roll up.
Pack Weight: 79 lbs. (includes 6.5 lbs in stakes).
Pack Size: Tent-- Length 30 in. Diameter 16 in., Poles-- Length 48 in. Diameter 5.5 in.
Ceiling Material: 10 oz Hydra-shieldTM canvas.
Wall Material: 8.5 oz Hydra-ShieldTM canvas.
Floor Material: 16 oz vinyl. Polyester reinforced, seamless.
Frame: 1-inch, galvanized, steel tubing.
Flex-Bow Rods: 3/8-inch, solid, spring steel.
All-season: Use year-round, but not designed for extreme winter mountaineering or heavy snow accumulations.
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Additional Options (Sold Separately):
32 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I just purchased the 10x14 version of the tent with the lateral windows and took it camping with my family in Southern California. I absolutely love this tent and I am happy with my purchase:
1) Materials: Wow. The canvas and poles, appear to be very durable, solid construction, and even details like the zippers and inner loops for hanging things just feel strong and durable. The tent floor is particularly solid, unlike any other tent I have had. The stakes are thick, solid metal and look like they could hold a wedding tent. The whole thing feels indestructible and it passed the test of my 4 year old living in it without a scratch.
2) Setup: I could set this up by myself; but the first time was a bit tricky. This tent will collapse if you don't fix the base to the ground using what seems like a very large number of stakes. Bring a good hammer depending on the soil. This was the only part that seemed a bit time consuming, the rest of the tent goes up in a couple of minutes.
3) Portability: if you are going for portability do not purchase this tent. It is very heavy, and bulky to carry, but not any worse than other 8 person tents. The poles, stakes, all go in separate bags with increases the risk of losing them.
4) Using the tent: My family of 4 could fit in there and have room to have a portable toilet, two queen beds, our gear, etc, with plenty of space. There are storage bags on the sides and the top. The windows were my favorite feature. During the day, the tent felt cool and breezy even in the SoCal sun, to the point where you could take a nap inside; At night the tent kept the heat in.
In general this tent exceeded my expectations by a lot (and at this price, I expected a lot from this tent), and from the look and feel, I am confident I will be passing this tent on to my children in many years. Highly recommend it.
In the desert we set it up in rain and woke up to snow. This tent didn’t leak once. Kept us dry. Myself and 3 kids under the age of 12!! Amazing!!
I bought this tent in 2015 I am an avid Outdoors person I have used this tent many times in all kinds of weather rain, snow and wind it has never leaked or has ever failed me in the desert, the mountains, on the river banks. The weight became an issue when out on the kayaking camping trips so I purchased the two man Kodiak. In the long run the Quality of the tents cant be beat for the price and ease of assembly. I have never regretted the purchase of any of my Kodiak products! Believe me when I say I have seen many over priced tents that would not hold a candle to Kodiak. just recently My buddies and I set out on a four day fishing trip where we moved camps every day. At the end of the trip 4 of the 6 tents had Rips, broken poles or were leaking on the days it Rained. the Kodiak still like the day I purchased it. Thanks Kodiak for selling a great product at a great price.
After camping for as long as I have to say. WHY DID I NOT BUY A KODIAK CANVAS TENT SOONER!!!! Just got back from a 6 day trip to northern Minnesota to Voyageur National Park. The tent was amazing!!! Rained off and on for three of the six and not a drop inside!! We love it!!! Have had some nice dome tents but no more!!!! Looking forward to many more great outings!!! THANKS
So pumped we got this tent. It has tons of room and is extremely durable. It was easy to set up and was nice to have the extra windows/vents on both ends of the tent as well as a door on both sides. I excited to get back out and use it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a high quality tent.
Thoroughly enjoyed this tent. Quality is top notch!
Bought 6041VX recently and took the family for camping this weekend. We had a beautiful camping spot on a peninsula on the lake. The view was awesome but the wind was brutal. The campsite was actually my friend's but due to high winds he swapped with us because he did not think his tent would sustain the wind. We setup the tent and it was great in every way. Looks great, is comfortable and reliable. Very happy with the purchase.
These guys know what customer service is about! They helped me out when they didn't even have to! I loved my Kodiak 6041VX tent due to its high quality and I love it even more now knowing who is running the company. Customer service is hard to find at times now days but John definitely understands how to run a company. Thanks John!!
Received the tent the other day and set it up. Very simple one person job. The instructions were easy to follow and their are a quite a few YouTube videos if needed. The tent is pretty heavy and wouldn’t recommend hiking it in unless you have a 4wheeler or cart to pull it! The stitching and zippers appear to be very durable. One thing that is very nice is the floor. Most tents make a ton of noise as you walk around, but with how thick the bottom is, it’s very quite. You can see and feel the quality Kodiak Canvas put into their product. I can’t wait to get out and use it. It should last generations!