Free Ground Tarp with Purchase
Introducing our new VX series. We have added large triangle windows on both ends. The extra windows give you eXtra Ventilation and eXtra openness and Views. This feature is a must when camping in hot summer weather, allowing you to really open the tent up. When conditions change, simply zip the windows shut from the inside. The VX series is identical to our Deluxe version with the exception that instead of funnel-flow vents, you have large triangle windows on both ends. Stainless steel, wire stake loops give superior strength and durability.
- Hydra-ShieldTM, 100% Cotton Duck Canvas. Durable, watertight and breathable.
- Flex-Bow Frame: Exceptionally sturdy. Keeps tent taut. Quick and easy, one-person, set-up.
- Spacious 6'6" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort.
- Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers.
- Six large windows with no-see-um mesh. Provides openness and superb ventilation.
- Large 84x78-inch awning.
- Customizable gear loft and organizer pockets.
- Stainless steel, wire stake loops.
- Heavy-duty 12-inch, steel rod, stakes.
- Handy strap-and-cinch storage bag for convenient roll up.
Pack Weight: 79 lbs. (includes 6.5 lbs in stakes).
Pack Size: Tent-- Length 30 in. Diameter 16 in., Poles-- Length 48 in. Diameter 5.5 in.
Ceiling Material: 10 oz Hydra-shieldTM canvas.
Wall Material: 8.5 oz Hydra-ShieldTM canvas.
Floor Material: 16 oz vinyl. Polyester reinforced, seamless.
Frame: 1-inch, galvanized, steel tubing.
Flex-Bow Rods: 3/8-inch, solid, spring steel.
All-season: Use year-round, but not designed for extreme winter mountaineering or heavy snow accumulations.
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Additional Options (Sold Separately):
37 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Shaylnn has been an amazingly huge help! On the ball without delay. I absolutely love this tent and will look nowhere else!
The tents are awesome I spent a week in one last year elk hunting. Had to have one , I'm fixing to spend a month in mine chasing elk in Montana and Idaho I will be able to really test the tent.service is awesome .I'm the owner of Switchgrass Outfitters in Florida. I will be putting it to use in FL also.
This tent is incredible.... I’m very happy with the quality and the size!! It’s a great tent for long camping trips.
Absolutely love this tent. It is easy to set up with one person and was rock solid in the moderate 10-15mph winds I have been in-in the short time I have owned it. Roomy, well designed and comfortable--hard to ask for much more from a tent.
This tent went beyond my expectations. It took minimal time to set up and is of very high quality.
I am especially pleased with the tent stakes. They are about as thick as my baby finger. A nice change from the nylon tents where you have to buy new pegs almost every time you camp.
With that being said, I had a rubber mallet to knock the pegs into the ground which was a neccessity.
All in all, fantastic product!!
I just purchased the 10x14 version of the tent with the lateral windows and took it camping with my family in Southern California. I absolutely love this tent and I am happy with my purchase:
1) Materials: Wow. The canvas and poles, appear to be very durable, solid construction, and even details like the zippers and inner loops for hanging things just feel strong and durable. The tent floor is particularly solid, unlike any other tent I have had. The stakes are thick, solid metal and look like they could hold a wedding tent. The whole thing feels indestructible and it passed the test of my 4 year old living in it without a scratch.
2) Setup: I could set this up by myself; but the first time was a bit tricky. This tent will collapse if you don't fix the base to the ground using what seems like a very large number of stakes. Bring a good hammer depending on the soil. This was the only part that seemed a bit time consuming, the rest of the tent goes up in a couple of minutes.
3) Portability: if you are going for portability do not purchase this tent. It is very heavy, and bulky to carry, but not any worse than other 8 person tents. The poles, stakes, all go in separate bags with increases the risk of losing them.
4) Using the tent: My family of 4 could fit in there and have room to have a portable toilet, two queen beds, our gear, etc, with plenty of space. There are storage bags on the sides and the top. The windows were my favorite feature. During the day, the tent felt cool and breezy even in the SoCal sun, to the point where you could take a nap inside; At night the tent kept the heat in.
In general this tent exceeded my expectations by a lot (and at this price, I expected a lot from this tent), and from the look and feel, I am confident I will be passing this tent on to my children in many years. Highly recommend it.
In the desert we set it up in rain and woke up to snow. This tent didn’t leak once. Kept us dry. Myself and 3 kids under the age of 12!! Amazing!!
I bought this tent in 2015 I am an avid Outdoors person I have used this tent many times in all kinds of weather rain, snow and wind it has never leaked or has ever failed me in the desert, the mountains, on the river banks. The weight became an issue when out on the kayaking camping trips so I purchased the two man Kodiak. In the long run the Quality of the tents cant be beat for the price and ease of assembly. I have never regretted the purchase of any of my Kodiak products! Believe me when I say I have seen many over priced tents that would not hold a candle to Kodiak. just recently My buddies and I set out on a four day fishing trip where we moved camps every day. At the end of the trip 4 of the 6 tents had Rips, broken poles or were leaking on the days it Rained. the Kodiak still like the day I purchased it. Thanks Kodiak for selling a great product at a great price.
After camping for as long as I have to say. WHY DID I NOT BUY A KODIAK CANVAS TENT SOONER!!!! Just got back from a 6 day trip to northern Minnesota to Voyageur National Park. The tent was amazing!!! Rained off and on for three of the six and not a drop inside!! We love it!!! Have had some nice dome tents but no more!!!! Looking forward to many more great outings!!! THANKS