Free Ground Tarp With Tent Purchase!
Introducing our new VX series. We have added large triangle windows on both ends. The extra windows give you eXtra Ventilation and eXtra openness and Views. This feature is a must when camping in hot summer weather, allowing you to really open the tent up. When conditions change, simply zip the windows shut from the inside. The VX series is identical to our Deluxe version with the exception that instead of funnel-flow vents, you have large triangle windows on both ends. Available in 10x10 and 10x14 sizes.
• Hydra-ShieldTM, 100% Cotton Duck Canvas. Durable, watertight and breathable.
• Flex-Bow Frame: Exceptionally sturdy. Keeps tent taut. Quick and easy, one-person, setup.
• Spacious 6'6" ceiling height provides walk-around comfort.
• Two large D-shaped doors (front and back) with #10 YKK zippers.
• Six large windows with no-see-um mesh. Provides openness and superb ventilation.
• Large 72x78-inch awning.
• Customizable gear loft and organizer pockets.
• Heavy-duty 12-inch, steel rod, stakes.
• Handy strap-and-cinch storage bag for convenient roll up.
Pack Weight: 68 lbs. (includes 6.5 lbs in stakes).
Pack Size: Tent-- Length 30 in. Diameter 13 in., Poles-- Length 50 in. Diameter 5.5 in.
Ceiling Material: 10 oz Hydra-shieldTM canvas.
Wall Material: 8.5 oz Hydra-ShieldTM canvas.
Floor Material: 16 oz vinyl. Polyester reinforced, seamless.
Frame: 1-inch, galvanized, steel tubing.
Flex-Bow Rods: 3/8-inch, solid, spring steel.
All-season: Use year-round, but not designed for extreme winter mountaineering or heavy snow accumulations.
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Additional Options (Sold Separately):
17 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've spent most of the last 45 days on a New Mexico mountains summer retreat in which the Kodiak Canvas VX 10x10 has been instrumental. No doubt, after much close examination, usage in mixed conditions (10,000'+ elev, heat, cold, dry, rain, flies, etc), I find the tent to be exactly what I needed and completely reliable. I do find that there is a need for more after-market accessory products, though. A wee bit of blue sky wishing here, but reasonable, I think. Here are some of my thoughts....
* Ground tarp / underlying foundation: Someone please invent or identify any kind of additional layer that can be put under the tent to a) improve leveling, and b) wick or drain away collecting rainwater. I know that historically tents just use either a ground tarp or a more permanent location-based platform. But, let's get creative.
* The awning area: Nice awning, but as we all know, fairly limited in it's value as a standalone feature when confronted with inclement weather, early and late hot sun, etc. The awning begs for two kinds of enclosures: a) noseeum screen enclosure (yes, Springbar's mostly works, but isn't sized correctly for Kodiak products, requiring mods that could invalidate the warranty), and b) individually deployed side walls, i.e. canvas drop-down/roll-ups for the 2 sides and the front of the tarp covered area. The vestibule doesn't meet that need (but is a great add-on!)
* Interior: Wonderful floor and spacious interior!! The available accessories are ok, but I'd sure love to see more Kodiak-styled storage and shelving options. I know, I can find stuff from 3rd party vendors, or make my own, but why not improve the accessory line? Incremental revenue stream, if you're listening Kodiak C or Competitive Edge.
This is a question: What the heck is that little D-ring and hand-grenade pin in the center of the sides where the supporting poles contact the ground? The poles do not in any way fit into the D-ring, the pin is inexplicable. What the...??? Somebody figure this out? I may just be dense, but it's not apparent to me what these are for and there is absolutely no documentation on it... not even a YouTube video. Hello?
I have other notes and thoughts, but these few probably rise to the top for me.
Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
Greg, Thanks for the review and the suggestions. Yes! We are listening.
Regarding the little mystery pin on the D-ring. It is a locking pin that you insert up into the bottom of upright pole. That holds the upright pole onto the D-ring. Read number 8 on page 7 in the owners' manual (who reads that anyway).
Happy Camping KC
Its hard to find well built products these days.. but Kodiak canvas has done nothing but impress me. Our clients stay warm and dry on late December elk hunts and we use them for family camp trips too. Love these tents. These guys make em to last!
I was worried about spending so much money on a tent but wanted to upgrade from your basic tent to be a little more comfortable while I was car camping. This tent's first trip was 8 days at burning man and it did great, even with all the windows and for ways for dust to get in, the dust stayed out. And when the wind picked the tent didn't even flinch. Can't wait for more trips now.
I expected this to be a nice tent but it far exceeded my expectations. They thought of everything. Extremely quick to set up once you figure it out the first time. Also, storage bag is fantastic. I ordered the vestibule and was worried about having to install the grommets. But I bought the kit for $9 and the job was done in less than 5 minutes and it looks professional. Couldn't be happier.
Erected the tent on Aug 1st and it stayed set up in our campsite in Terrace, BC, Canada until our departure on Sept 6th. Set up was quick and easy, 2 people in under 15 minutes. The weather varied widely throughout our stay, with hot sunny days at over 85 degrees fahrenheit near the beginning of trip and then cooling off dramatically (especially overnight) near the end. The venting system worked wonderfully for the warmer days and when zipped up tight for the cooler nights in September we remained warm and toasty inside. In the 5 week stay we encountered rainfall for at least 15 days and several times the rain was torrential and sometimes lasted over 48 hours at a time. The tent performed beautifully with absolutely no leakage at all (we seasoned the tent as recommended prior to our trip).
I have camped in many tents over the years and would certainly rate this one as the absolute best and would have no hesitation in recommending this product.
We decided to go camping again after many years of... not camping. I spent time researching tents before making a purchase. I thought I found a great new product when i purchased a mtnglo tent. Except, when it arrived i assembled it and was reminded how flimsy and thin the tent materials are and the led lights only worked in half the tent!
Two days before our trip I returned the mtnglo and ordered the Kodiak 10x10 flex bow VX tent. The weight of the tent edged it out of my first choice tent. I am now so happy that the lights on the mtnglo didn't work! This is the BEST tent we have ever used. In part, because of the weight. The quality of the floor and canvas are fabulous.
Surprisingly the weight wasn't a factor when it came to putting the tent up. It's super easy to assemble. I'm a 5"4 woman, average size, and assembled this in less than 30 minutes the first time putting it together. Plus, the quality of the material, and zippers, and roominess, and... I can go on and on.
We have since gone camping a few times and I truly look forward to the next few scheduled trips, in part, because this tent contributes to the great experience! Well done KODIAK!
Being Canadian means this tent was extremely expensive to purchase thanks to Can-US currency exchange rates, and shipping a duty costs. After looking at all the other tent options out there, I decided this tent was worth the cost since it will last a lifetime. I was right: this tents quality and design is impeccable. It is easy to set up alone while still being incredibly stable in any weather conditions. The materials used for the canvas and floor are incredible, and the stitching, zippers, screens, polls and pegs are all quality materials and crafting too. I had high hopes that this was the perfect tent for me, and it still exceeded my expectations.
I recieved my tent the other day. Set it up in the back yard and I was impressed. Very easy to setup by yourself. Fabic seem nice and thick. looking forward to using it in deer camp. I went from a tent trailer to Kodiak tents.